Tuesday 22 November 2011

Week 31 - miffed.

Hmmm, I am a bit miffed to be honest. Last week I ran 13.64 miles/21.95 km, burning 1,617 calories and I still managed to gain! Yes, GAIN!!!! 3lbs! I did go over my weeks calories by 690 but that still is not enough for a 3lb gain. I stepped on and off the scales thinking there must be something wrong with them! Anyway, now I have calmed down and gathered myself a bit I have come to the conclusion that my body doesn't realise I have started running again yet. I think my metabolism is at least a week behind my actual physical exercise routine. Once it has caught up we will start seeing that last stone/14lbs off, I'm sure of it. After all, it took a while for the weight to drop off at the beginning, back in March. Anyway, we will push that to one side for the moment.
I started the week 6 runs of c25k on Sunday. It was very foggy out but very serene along the towpath. I was out at 8.30am with only a couple of runners and a few fishermen for company. It was also very cold (quite normal with fog). The run consisted of 2 x 5 minutes and 1 x 8 minute runs. All 3 runs were good. I did get puffed out and quite hot 2/3rds in. As usual I quick march walked all the way home. My next run is tomorrow (Tuesday) although I did do my station run this morning which covered 1.36 miles/2.18km in 17.02 minutes - not as good as last week but it was very cold again this morning and my teeth froze!
I have no social commitments this week until Friday which will definitely involve a bottle or two of wine. But, for now, Sunday to Thursday I am abstaining, I need to give my liver a rest! I am also going to do the soup for lunch, soup for dinner until Friday as it only lasted for Monday and Tuesday last week! God, I'm not very good at this am I?!

Monday
Exercise = 189 calories
Food = 1511 calories
Breakfast
cereal (fruit n fibre)
tea
Snack
biscuit
Tea
Lunch
soup + ryvitas
pear
tea
mince pie
Dinner
soup
Bread
satsuma

No comments:

Post a Comment