Saturday 19 November 2011

Week 30 - dead chuffed, I am a runner again!

Having had far too many wine calories on Wednesday night and not doing any running or proper food diary calculations on Thursday (hangover, so needed a lot of bread!) This morning I needed to absolve myself of said sins and do my run 2 of week 5. This consisted of 2 x 8 minute runs with a 5 minute walk between.
I set off and did my first run quite slowly not wanting to put myself off by going too fast. Quite quickly the half way marker came up and I thought to myself "great, I feel good, legs not aching, back not aching, lungs not hurting either". I continued on for another 4 minutes when, again, the last minute came round seemingly very quickly. The second run was the same but in the last minute I picked up the pace. I was definitley going slower than my legs could take me. I stretched for a bit at the end of the run then started to head back home.  In all honesty I felt as though I had cheated myself by going so slowly as to hardly get out of breath so I thought, bugger it. I'm going to do run 3 on the way back! This is a 20 minute non stop run.
The first time I did this run back in May it was such a milestone. I had never run so far in one go since my school days (quite a long time ago!). It's listed under "one of my proudest moments". Anyway today it was great. As each 5 minutes past I concentrated on the next 5 minutes until I saw the end in sight. I LOVE sweating properly! I LOVE having sweat patches! I LOVE having a shower afterwards! This is what I truly missed. The achievement, the sense of pride, the sweat and heat and the refreshing shower afterwards. Brilliant!

Oh, and to top it all off, hubby won £100 in a poetry competition!!!

Thursday = no exercise and I didn't properly count the calories but I know it was over!

Friday = 36 minutes jogging and 25 minutes brisk walking = 525 calories
Food =  1544 calories
Breakfast
Shreddies
Tea
Lunch
Soup
Ryvitas
Apple
Tea
Afternoon
pretzels
Tea
Dinner
risotto
wine (well, it is Friday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment