Sunday 27 November 2011

week 31 - 25 minute run - done.

Time was tight this morning as I had to do the station run, bring the car home and run run 3 week 6  of couch b2 5k and be back ready, showered and presentable by 10am for work. Typically, my client turned up 10 minutes early so my cup of tea lay on the kitchen side getting cold.
I walked my station run this morning because I had to go straight out and do a 25 minute run after I dropped the car off. For the first 3 minutes of the run all I wanted to do was turn around and go back home, but I continued on telling myself that if I still felt that way when we get to the first 5 minutes then I will stop, but, as usual, my body got into it and started to warm up to the jogging. My mind was away with my thoughts, the music on my iPod, the scenery of swans, ducks, geese, the rowers and the fishermen on the early morning river. It is beautiful down there. The minutes ticked away and before I knew it I had 60 seconds left of my run. So, thats the first of 4 x 25 minute runs done. I was very pleased I didn't cave in and stop in the first few minutes. I quick march walked back. 
For my walk back Runkeeper would not find a GPS signal at all. It's interesting that it will find a perfectly good signal in my bedroom with the lights off and the curtains closed but struggles in the clear light of day with the clear sky right there in front of it! Annoyed, I turned on my Runmeter app and it found a good signal immediately! Very frustrating. I rely so much on these apps for my progression I hate it when they fail so I am glad I have a backup app.
I was good with the food today too but unfortunately as hubby was out the wine was calling so I  gave in a had a glass or two!

Thurdsay
Exercise = 624 calories 5.77 miles/9.28km, mostly fast walk with 25 minutes jogging
Food = 1622 calories
Breakfast
Toast
Tea
Lunch
Soup
Tea
Afternoon
Banana
Tea
Dinner
Soup
satsuma
pretzels
wine

No comments:

Post a Comment