Thursday 3 November 2011

Week 28 - week 2 day 1 of the programme - done.

This morning I jog/walked the station run. I looked up the weather first and saw it was supposed to rain all day with possible thunder and lightening so I decided to do some jogging first thing. I managed 4 x 2 minute jogs with 1 1/2 minute walks in between. The first couple of jogs where fine but then my lungs started to hurt. I think it will take a few weeks before I can get anywhere near the fitness levels I was at back at the beginning of July. My back was absolutely fine during the runs which is brilliant news.
I had some breakfast, pottered about a bit on the computer and what not then decided I would go out and do the first run of week 2 of c25k. I know I have only done 1 of the 3 runs for week 1 but I am better than that so I am going to skip them and start week 2. I was still in my running gear and the weather was windy but not raining .....yet. The towpath was very empty, just a couple of people fishing and a couple of dog walkers. Before long I had to strip off my top layer of clothing as it was quite mild out. It was lovely running my old route which I haven't done for some months! The run was a success. The only niggle I had was in my left hamstring which I stretched out well at the end of the run. I completed the run in one direction so had 2 miles to walk back home. I put on my runmeter app (runkeeper still not finding a signal)  to track my distance and calories. On my fairly brisk walk back I did get some tightness in my left buttock so I slowed down a bit until it recovered. All in all a very successful day for exercise! :-)

Excerise - 5.39 miles of walk/jog burning approx 537 calories!

Food = 1452 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment