Thursday 13 October 2011

WK 25, Porridge and Fish

Monday and Tuesday were good days for calories. I went over by a couple of 100 on Wednesday just because...
I am back on the porridge for breakfast as it is a really good filler till lunchtime. I'm trying to eat more white fish. I like fish but I always end up cooking salmon and not much else. Last night I did haddock fillets tossed in flour and hot paprika and lightly fried in the griddle pan. It was nice but I need more ideas.

I have done the station walk without back pain or twinges 3 times this week. I have been walking at a normal pace rather than my 'itching to run, so on the verge of jogging' pace. Now that the majority of the spasmed muscle has relaxed I am left with a rather irritating knotty bit on my left lower back. I massage it about 5 times a day until my fingers ache, but its just not going. Sometimes it causes a lot of stiffness and discomfort and other times I don't feel it at all.

We have friends staying over this weekend so I have a lot of washing and housework to do so I expect I will be feeling it by Sunday! I am hoping one day soon, very soon, I will wake up and it will be gone, then I can start pilates or yoga, strengthen up my core and start running again.

Its been 11 weeks and 1 day since my last proper run. It took me 12 weeks to complete the C25K programme in the first place!! I've be off with an injury for as long as I have been running. It's absurd, let alone irritating and depressing. The definition I was building in my legs has almost gone again. Well, I've learnt one thing and that is to stop running if it's hurting!

No comments:

Post a Comment