Tuesday 11 October 2011

Wk 25, Back from Holiday - new start

So, I've just come back from a lovely week in the Loire Valley, France. We did a lot of walking but no running for me. We also did a lot of eating and drinking. One thing we decided to see what all the fuss is about were Macaroons - tiny little colourful macaroons with fruit or cream filling, each one about 2 bites and more expensive than gold!

We bought a box of 6 for 6.95 Euro. We tried one each when we got back to the house then I dropped the rest on the kitchen floor! They weren't all that. I don't get it, they are just mouthfuls of sugar. We baked a banana cake later in the week. That was so much nicer.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings about nice food. I haven't been very good at posting dailies of late, partly because I have been busy or away, but also because I haven't been proud of my achievements in either exercise or weight loss in the last few weeks. I have "fallen off the wagon", well not completely fallen off, I am holding on with both hands, its just the rest of me is being dragged along in the dirt. This week however, the wagon has slowed down enough for me to clamber back up (perhaps it was the holiday that did it) and I am back, trainers on the feet and MyNetDiary in hand. I am still not running yet  - my back is improving but still pinching from time to time  - but will do the station walks the best I can. I am determined to keep track of my calories this week.
Yesterday was a good day. I feel today will be too. Overall I have lost 23.4 lbs which is great but a gain over the last few weeks of 5lbs is not great - it should have been more than 28lbs by now. I should be eating in to (or out of) my last stone (14lbs). So this week is the start of that. My target is to hit a loss of 42lbs by Christmas which is doable as long as I keep track. I have just under 19lbs to go in 10 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment