Monday 31 October 2011

Week 27/28, Yay!! Back with the programme!!

Thursday to Sunday were difficult to calculate calorie wise as I was at my sisters for dinner on Thursday night, out for dinner Friday night, out all day for all food on Saturday and had lunch out on Sunday. I don't think I went over the top - well, maybe on Saturday a little with the wine and food but the rest was reasonably well behaved.
I managed my 1.3 mile walk with a 2 minute jog at the end on Thursday morning. I walked a fair amount around the new Westfield shopping centre at Stratford on Saturday and then Sunday was a mega calorie burner!
On Saturday night I dreamt I was running, running a very long distance with ease, my legs felt like effortless springs and I was gliding along a dirt track feeling very happy indeed. So, when I woke up I decided I was going to attempt my Couch to 5k programme again. My back had been pain free all week so I thought I would give it a go. I could always stop if I needed to. I got up, got dressed and went out. I had to do 8 one minute runs with a minute and a half walk in between. The first 6 runs were no problem at all but I started to feel it in my lungs and throat for the last 2 runs. Apart from the lack of exercise for 4 months I think I ran faster than I did the 1st time around back in April this year. Anyway, it felt really good to have done it and not a wince from my back :-) I also clocked up just over 7 miles walk too! I had to get the car from the station (1.36 miles) then we decided to walk to Kingston from Hampton court and back again (6 miles). My legs started to feel very stiff but I stretched them out quite well. I was worried they my have stiffened up totally by this morning but they were fine and I managed my station walk with a 2 minute run at the end again.
Next Couch 2 5k run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment