Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wk 21, D2 - Things are looking up!

I managed 3 x 1 minute jogs within my station walk this morning! That's more than I have been able to do in 6 weeks! I was just looking back at my posts in August which is when my back went into spasm and remembering how painful and debilitating it was! At least now I can throw in a few light jogs here and there. I stopped each jog just as my back was getting a bit tight. I don't want to mess up my recovery.

I am thinking of starting my getrunning Couch to 5k running programme from the beginning again. At the start its consists of 60 second runs with 90 second walks between. I think this is a perfect way to get me back into it again. As my back gets better I will continue to build up my fitness. Before my back went I ran 6k/ 3.7 miles so I really want to get up to that distance again soon.

I saw the physio again this afternoon and she gave me some stretches to do to release the nerve pain that shoots down my left thigh from time to time. She also offered to do acupuncture on me again but I declined, remembering the one painful needle that made me bite the pillow as it was slowly pulled out last time. I'm pathetic with pain. I told her about my running, she seemed pleased and told me to keep it up but always stop IMMEDIATELY  when there is a niggle. I think I will start the couch to 5k programme again when I can run a bit further without twinges.

Exercise - station walk/jog :-) - 156 calories burned
Food - 1209 calories
Breakfast
Muesli with milk
Tea
Lunch
Lamb sandwich
Apple
Tea
Afternoon
Crumpet with peanut butter
Tea
Dinner
Piece of Salmon
Yoghurt
Glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment