Saturday 10 September 2011

Wk 20, D5. New app to track my walks

Station walk this morning was good but my run keeper has stopped finding the GPS signal.
Recently I have switched to an app called runmeter which finds the GPS very quickly. It tracks your walks and runs in the same way as runkeeper but has other bits and bobs to it such as being able to race against yourself (your best time on a particular route). The thing it doesn't do is send all your info to a central hub like runkeeper does. With runkeeper I can go to my page in their website and look at all the activities I have done with it going back months or even years. I could put all my runmeter walks onto runkeeper manually but that would mean more time at the computer, sitting and doing my back in. Besides, I'm getting more used to runmeter now, and what with runkeepers inability to find a signal I am beginning to find runkeeper very annoying! Oh and I think Runmeter tracks me less calories burned than runkeeper does but well, I know its not an exact science.

Exercise - station walk 2.16km. 148 cals burned tracked by Runmeter.
Food - 1107 calories
50g Muesli with milk
Tea
Banana
Cheese sandwich
wine (bottle shared with hubby)
pretzels (handful)

No comments:

Post a Comment