Wednesday 24 August 2011

Wk18, D 1+2 Building up to running again

I am very pleased to announce that I have started walking to the station again in the mornings. On Monday morning I did it without any twinges or tightness. I saw the physio in the afternoon and she said she doesn't see any reason why I cant be running again in a couple of weeks. Leading up to that I need to carry on walking and power walking, slowly building up to jogging and stop if I get a twinge. Sounds like a good plan to me.
My back is absolutely fine until I sit for a period of time. When I do it gets very tight and quite uncomfortable to painful depending on how long I sat for. When that happens I need to lie down for 10 minutes then my back is fine, so standing and lying down are good, sitting is bad.
On the eating front, I still feel a bit queasy with food (no, I am definitely not pregnant). On Monday and Tuesday I only managed around 500 calories per day which is not good. Monday at least, was fruit and almonds but Tuesday was toast, chocolate and half a baked potato! Once I am back to my normal self I am sure my eating will get back to sensible again.

No comments:

Post a Comment