Monday 22 August 2011

Wk17, Results and Reflection

Last week was odd. I lost a lot of weight (too much I think) and my back is improving. I can see how this might really be a win win but it doesn't feel like it.
With my back I can feel the 'lump' of tightened muscle in my left buttock. This picture shows exactly where it is  I can now walk quite far before the muscle starts to pinch which is an improvement, but I can only sit for about 30 minutes before I have to get up.
I think the whole episode has affected my appetite as when I do get the pain it makes me feel a bit sick. I also think I am feeling anxious about the situation too which is also affecting my eating. As a result I lost 5lbs 9oz this week. I'm not shouting about it because I know this way of eating (like a bird) is not healthy. Neither is losing that much weight in a short space of time. When I have dieted before losing these amounts in a week the whole lot, plus some, went back on again as soon as I hit my target or got bored of the diet. It's not sustainable and I know as soon as my appetite comes back I wont be able to maintain that kind of eating so a few lbs will come back on again.
So we will just have to see what this week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment