Monday 8 August 2011

Wk 15, D6 +7 - Birthday weekend!

So I marshalled the park run in the morning standing at the 4 km mark. I think I will have to offer my services again next week. It was very interesting to watch the runners set off then see them whiz past me again after 10 - 15 minutes. The first person was very fast and completed it in 15 minutes! I couldn't believe how well the kids where doing either. Little 10/11 year olds up at the front running alongside adults! I've never seen them when I run because I am at the back!
We got home about 10.30 had showers then went out for brunch. Then my birthday weekend started. We went off in the car to the wonderful Brooklands hotel which is right next to Mercedes-Benz World and Brooklands Museum for car enthusiasts. I'm not one of those, but the hotel is very smart with great spa facilities. Hubby organised for me to have a fantastic facial. There where flowers in our room for me and a bottle of adult pop. We had saunas and sat in the hot tub which made quite a difference to my back although sitting at dinner was uncomfortable. Then next morning I was able to get out of bed relatively easily, much more so than previous mornings. Hubby was off to the gym so I thought I would give the cross trainer a go and stop if my back hurt. My back didn't hurt at all but after 15 or minutes my legs did.  20 minutes or so later my back started to ache. The shooting pains began and that was it. All the good of the sauna and hot tub undone. We had lunch in a pub on the way home and I was in agony sitting down so had to keep getting up for a few minutes throughout lunch!
When we got home we we went to the shops and bought a hot water bottle. I for one was very surprised I could even find one for sale in the middle of August! Anyway I had a hot water bottle strapped to my back for the rest of the day while I laid out on the sofa in front of the telly. Not the usual way I spend my birthday! But by the time I went to bed my back was so much better. I recommend a hot water bottle over ibuprofen  and deep heat - neither of which I think made any difference.

Sorry about the lack of food info for this weekend - I certainly didn't count any calories! Food diary info will be back to normal on Monday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment