Tuesday 2 August 2011

Wk 15, D1 - SPASM!!! :-((

My back seemed ok this morning so up I got and started jogging my station run. I got a little over half way and suddenly had a thought that I didn't have the car keys with me. I looked and lo and behold I didn't have them! They may have dropped out of my bum bag (fannypack) on the way as the zip was undone. I walked all the way back home looking on the ground for my keys but no. Once I got home there they were on the kitchen table where I "thought" I put them in the bag. It was now dangerously near to 8am so I set off again trying to outrun the traffic wardens to the car. My lower back was starting to hurt with every footfall until suddenly a shooting pain manifested in the bottom of my spine and radiated in a wave like forked lightening spreading out to both hips. I had to stop and walk the rest of the way wincing and breathing deeply to try and alleviate the discomfort. I feel like an old lady!
I do hope I haven't scuppered my running for this week! The pain continues as I sit and write this, it seems the only relief I get is when I stand up. I have made an appointment with a physio for tomorrow morning.

On a lighter note, as a birthday present to myself, and my back, I arranged for people to come and clean my house and sort out my garden. They are Eastern European of some sort and none of them speak English so I am housebound until they finish, in case they need me, not that I will understand what it is they need. The house is done as I write this which is lovely and there are 3 people weeding, clearing, mowing, moving the pots, and generally tidying the garden in the beautiful sunshine we have today. The cats are comatosed in various rooms in the house - including one on the keyboard!

Exercise - up and down, then back up the road! Burning 324 calories
Food - 1322 calories
Breakfast
Banana
Tea
Lunch
2 slices granary bread and flora light
Rump steak
Tea
Dinner
2 glasses of wine (medicinal!)
cod and chips (oven baked at home)
Mini magnum ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment