Monday 1 August 2011

Wk 14, D 7. Attempted run

Weird that when I got up this morning my back was better. Not fully recovered, but at least I could stand up straight without wincing or having to breath deeply with each movement. In the early evening I intended to go for a 5k run. I say intended because it ended up being half walk, half jog. Two weeks of severely reduced exercise has taken it's toll. My lungs just weren't up for it. I felt sick, my chest hurt, my right hand and wrist throbbed (?!), so I had to keep stopping to walk. Each time I felt OK I started to run again. My back started to niggle after a while too. I will keep trying though. I am determined not to let this new found love slip away. I also think part of my problem was that I ran too late in the day. It was hot for a start and my body seems to perform at its best around mid morning. Anyway, I still burned some calories!

Exercise - run/walk 5.68 km or 3.52 miles = 433 calories (yay! :-))
Food
Breakfast
Banana
Tea
Lunch
Lamb tagine
Brocolli
Lemon cake
tea
Dinner
Peanut butter sandwich
Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment