Sunday 31 July 2011

Wk 14, Day 6. No park run for me :-( But Mo Farah was there!

My back was killing again this morning, so much so I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom! No park run for me then. Mo Farah ran in the park with his wife this morning! I did'nt know who he was until hubby told me. He was upset to have missed him. As I am writing this hubby has gone out for an hour long run  locally and I'm jealous. I think these two weeks are a test of my resilience.
I really don't want to give in and stop running all together. I won't though because I actually like it! I like the beginning when I am dressed up and ready to go out with my bouncy trainers on - they kind of make you feel bouncy and give you the energy and motivation to go out. Then I love the end of the run - the feeling of achievement, the sweat, the hot skin, the stretching and then the best bit - the cool shower -all that is worth the run. The run itself I could take or leave - I often battle with myself to carry on. Having French lessons to listen to is helping because it gives me something to concentrate on other than wanting to walk,. Of course I have to do the run to get to the best bit at the end plus it all burns 100's of calories! This week I've hardly burned any :-( Monday mornings weigh in will tell the damage.

Exercise - none
Food - difficult to count calories as we were out for lunch (again!)
Breakfast
2 slices toast (small wholemeal loaf) Flora light
Tea
Lunch (in a pub)
carrot and coriander soup
cod, mash potato and green beans
chocolate brownie and ice cream
Glass of wine
Glass of lemonade
Dinner
Vodka and orange juice
Steak
Jacket potato

No comments:

Post a Comment