Wednesday 27 July 2011

Week 14, D1. Learning French

Monday morning. I walked the station walk this morning as my back is still a bit sore. I am doing all the exercises and stretches given to me by the physio when I last did this to my back by raking the lawn!
I have decided after my embarrassing lack of French to relearn it for next year. Hubby's French is very good. He chats away to the neighbours and some acquaintances in the village while I just stand there with a glass of wine in my hand looking dumb. It was Bastille day while we were there this time and we went to the village celebrations which involved a lot of wine, bread, pate, beans and cheese - delicious! It also meant people would come up to me speaking in French - fast. A good few years ago I knew a bit of French but now it seems to have slipped away. So now I have ditched Lady Ga Ga for Michel Thomas. I started it on Sundays run. I was concerned that without music I wouldn't keep up the pace but listening to French actually makes the time go by quicker! So now I am running and learning French - who knows what's next....

Exercise - station walk - 128 calories
Food - 1523 Calories
Breakfast
2 slices toast with honey
Tea
Lunch
Chicken sandwich
Greek yoghurt with pomegranate seeds and a nectarine
Tea
Dinner
Tortilla
Pasta salad
Potato salad
Couscous
2 lindt truffle balls

No comments:

Post a Comment