Thursday 23 June 2011

Wk9 D3, Another pb on the station run!

17.02 minutes this morning! That's 22 seconds faster than yesterday :-) I know it doesn't sound a lot but it actually is! I put and extra bit of effort into the last few metres. My legs are fine from yesterday's run and I was feeling spritley (ish, for 7.30am) this morning. I like being able to run all the way to the station.

Yesterday I ran behind someone smoking and I got a lung full.


















Now, I did used to smoke, quite heavily at 20 a day too, for about 6 or 7 years, but I gave up some 18 years ago now. Although the last time I actually had a puff of a cigarette was about 4 years ago (and I hated it immediately). I will never, ever smoke again. Getting a lung full almost stopped me in my tracks. There I was running along the beautiful riverside, drawing fresh, clean air, deeply into my lungs, almost feeling the oxygen whizzing around my body to my muscles, feeling elated with endorphines and such like, the sunshine, Lady Ga Ga's "hey hey" in my ears and suddenly, it was like I just breathed in a mass of stinking cotton wool. Of course the feeling dispersed almost immediately. I do understand why people start smoking and I do understand why they continue and, believe me, I know its hard to give up, but if there was somehow a way of getting a smoker to feel what clean, clear, healthy lungs actually feel like in their body, working to their full potential, I am sure many people would give up.

On a less than angelic note, hubby offered to take me to the pub for dinner. As our local is on the river and it was a beautiful evening, who could resist? Although I only had soup, complete a dollop of cream on the top, (I hate it when they do that!) which I promptly removed, I also succumbed to two white wine spritzers. Well, I'm only human! So, that's a fail for the no wine drinking this week, but I wont give up. There's still a few days to go yet!

Exercise
Station run burning 180 calories
Breakfast
2 oatibix with 1%milk
Tea
Lunch
Ryvitas with reduced fat houmous
Apple
Tea
Afternoon
Tea
20g mini pretzels
Dinner
Tomato and basil soup
Bread
2 white wine spritzers

No comments:

Post a Comment