Wednesday 22 June 2011

Wk9 D2, Sadly, the first run of the last week

No station run this morning as I had to be at mum in laws for 9am which is 1 1/2 hours away. I was back in the afternoon for the first of my final week of the getrunning programme which is a 30 minute run. I thought about how I will approach this, considering my 40 minute run I did last Saturday. In the end I decided to do it properly by walking the 5 minute walks either end of the run rather than running for 40 minutes again. I will be doing another 5k this Saturday, which will incorporate my final run of the programme, anyway so I wont kill myself just yet. Anyway I completed the run without too much ado. I got further up the towpath than ever before (well, you would expect that anyway wouldn't you?). There are plenty of people fishing by the river bank, watching as I run past, which I find a bit unnerving -I think they are judging my wobbling thighs, bum and tum! I think I preferred it when it wasn't fishing season so I didn't have a towpath side audience!

I measured the distance with runkeeper, as usual, on the walk back and was pleased to see my run covered 4.65 km (2.89 miles). On Thursday for my 2nd run I will try to get a bit further in preparation for Saturday.

Calorie intake was excellent today and no wine!!

Exercise
Wk9 D1 of getrunning
Breakfast
2 oatibix with 1% milk
Tea
Mid morning
Costa skinny cappuccino
Lunch
Ryvitas
Reduced fat houmous
Apple
Tea
Dinner
Cannelloni
Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment