Friday 24 June 2011

Wk9 D4, The penultimate run.

I was 10 seconds slower on the station run this morning due to the traffic lights being on red when I reached them and slight fatigue. I cant wait for my lie in on Sunday!
So today was my penultimate run on the get running programme which makes me a little anxious about what I am going to do next week. Thank goodness for parkrun though. It gives me something to keep going for each Saturday I am free.
I went out about 10 am. The weather was warm and breezy, perfect. I wanted to open up my gait a little for this run to try and get a bit further than the last run so I started, probably, a bit too fast. What with that and the run I did a couple of hours before, my thighs really felt it. Even so, I did the whole run, plus a few minutes more into the cool down and made it to 4.92 km in 40 minutes, which is not bad considering at least 6 minutes of that was walking. I think I'm ready to beat 40.15 minutes for my 5k on Saturday.
A client bought me a box of chocolates today and as I already burned a load of calories I munched my way through 6 of them. Very yum they were too.

Exercise
Station run, Wk9, D2 of the getrunning programme burning 923 calories!!
Breakfast
Porridge (see recipe)
Tea
Lunch
Chicken salad sandwich
Apple
Afternoon
Chocolate
Tea
Pretzels
Dinner
Steak
Asparagus
Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment