Friday 10 June 2011

Wk7 D4, Hastings and my next run

I didn't do the station run again today. Instead, I was up at 6.30am to drive hubby to Hastings which is about 76 miles away. He had to be in Court for 9.30am (N.B. he's not a criminal, he's a Lawyer). I have been to Hastings many times before as a child. I grew up in a town called Royal Tunbridge Wells which is about 30 minutes from there and we often went by train or car on a sunny day. Of course all I remember is the beach, fish and chips, ice cream and getting sunburnt. So it was of interest to me to go with him. I don't think I will bother again. The town is unremarkable to say the least. However, a small oasis is to be found in the old town where there is a little street of cafes and boutiques, then further along the beach front, if you can ignore the unsightly blot of the "funfair", you come to the fishing community where there are loads of fishing boats and net houses standing tall and proud. I also took a picture of a quaint English cottage just to remind me it wasn't all bad.


So we got home at just after 3pm. The sun was out and it was time for my next 25 minute run. Last time the first 10 minutes of the run were tough, this time it was only the first 5 minutes. My whole body felt tired but I think that was getting up early and driving for hours which did me in a bit. After 5 minutes my energy levels seemed to right themselves, my breathing deepened and my legs kept moving.10 minutes past, 15 minutes past, 20 minutes, then I picked up my speed by striding out a bit more but keeping my pace as it was. At 25 minutes I had run a bit further than last time so I was elated. Once the initial 5 minutes was over the rest felt really good. The run part, 25 minutes not including the two 5 minutes either end, covered 2 miles, 2miles!! Imagine that. Little old me running for 2 miles! I loved it. I put on Runkeeper and almost danced my way back home but not before stopping to take another picture of the Thames.

Exercise
W7 day2 getrunning + return walk burning 601 calories
Breakfast
Banana
2 slices toast
Tea
Lunch
Baked potato
Chilli con carne
Tea
Dinner
Low fat houmous
Carrot
Oatcakes
Glass of wine
Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment