Wednesday 29 June 2011

Wk10 D2. Got the running bug

There was no station run this morning as I had an early client. By the time I finished this afternoon we had a huge thunderstorm. I sat at the computer contemplating going to the local gym to run on the treadmill. I surprise myself everyday with my enthusiasm for getting out there and sweating. I have definitely be bitten by the running bug.
 I have been doing this for 10 weeks now but I only think the bug hit at about week 7. It takes time, time and a lot of effort. I think that's why so many of us are overweight and unfit because it's easier to sit around and eat all day. The first 7 weeks were pure determination, now its a joy, well a joy at the beginning and end at least, but once you are in the middle, far from home and you've got to get back you may as well keep running. The pleasure, the "runners high" you get when you finish really is something to make all the effort for.
The rain finally stopped so I went out about 4pm. I decided to use runkeeper to track my run and turn left at the river because the towpath stops at the next town (if I turn right I could run all the way to Big Ben and beyond!) 4pm is not a good time for me to run. Usually at this time of day my body wants to either sleep for 20 minutes or eat something. The run was definitely a mind over matter battle - really hard going. I took a few walk breaks but covered 7.20km - almost 5 miles. My next run is on Thursday and I really need to make it a mid-morning run where I seem to have the most energy.

Exercise - 528 calories !
Food - 1108 calories !(I guess running for an hour takes up the time I could be eating! :-)
Breakfast
2 oatibix with 200ml 1% milk
Tea
Mid morning
Medium banana
10 g almonds
Coffee
Lunch
2 poached eggs on 2 slices wholewheat toast
1 small plum
Tea
Dinner
100g canned tuna
1 boiled egg
Large salad

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great! I am so glad I found your blog. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristi for your comments and encouragement. I figure if I keep writing about it then I'll keep doing it! It's always motivational when people comment so thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete