Tuesday 28 June 2011

Wk 10, Day 1. New running programme

So, now my GetRunning couch to 5k programme has finished I need to do something else to get my Saturday 5ks' easier and faster. The creator of the app kindly gave me some tips, one of which I tried out this morning. I set my runkeeper to tell me as each minute passed so I jogged for 1 minute then ran fast the next. This worked quite well for the first 9 minutes then I had to walk for 2 minutes as I was knackered! It was also really hot at 7.30 this morning. After a couple of minutes walk I started up the slowjog/fast run again until I hit the station carpark. I was really quite amazed and very pleased with myself for doing the fastest time on this route by 38 seconds! Tomorrow I have a long run to do so I will do a bit of research to work out what I am going to do. In the meantime, my Colorado friend, here is my food diary for yesterday :-)


Exercise - 196 calories
1.35 miles or 2.17km run in 16.46 minutes (a pb for this route!)
Food - 1367 calories
Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast with 20g peanut butter
Tea with 1% milk
Lunch
300g sausage pasta (see recipes)
Apple
Pint water
Afternoon
Medium banana (100g)
Handful (20g) almonds
pint water
Dinner
Salad
108g Chicken breast-grilled
70g couscous
60g new potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment