Monday 13 June 2011

Wk 7, Results and reflection

Well, so this is a surprise.
I lost 2lbs this week! 
I am very pleased indeed. I didn't think I would get this result at all. I missed out on 3 station runs and overdid the calories by 100's on Saturday. I suppose the station walks were balanced out by the three 25 minute runs I did. The overindulgence on Saturday though.
Having said that, I have been told that if you have a "free" day once a week, where you forget the calories, your metabolism apparently gets a "boost". I think this idea is from the scientific fact that if you drastically reduce your calorie intake your metabolism slows right down to preserve your fat stores so, if you then eat normally again this kicks your metabolism back up again. I haven't drastically cut my calorie intake - I'm too greedy for that sort of behaviour, although I suppose I have drastically increased the rate at which I use up my energy with my running. Furthermore, as I am building muscle, (which I so am in my legs, I love it!) more energy is used up by them too. That's another scientific fact. While I am sitting here writing this blog my muscles are burning away at my fat stores to simply exist whereas my fat stores are just sitting there- being fat.

Well I got rid of 2lbs of it this week. Next week my runs go up to 28 minutes. We have a weekend at home, just the two of us so no entertaining to be done. I think this might be the first in 7 weeks of a week where I am in total control!

No comments:

Post a Comment