Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wk5 D3, Yummy things to eat

Well today was a rest day from Get running. I still did the station walk this morning which is just part of my daily routine now. I had no clients today so cleaned the house from top to bottom. I can now walk round to my side of the bed without navigating my way through "stuff" that seems to accumulate there -shoes, clothes, washing basket, cushions, pillows, cats etc.The rest of the house is clean and tidy too, ready for our visitors at the weekend. So, I guess I have nothing much else to say about my fitness today

My diet however took a slight turn today. My sister recommended me some Linwoods ground seeds to add to my oats in the morning. Mynetdiary tells me each day I don't have enough fibre for breakfast so I thought I would give it a go. She used to live in Australia and apparently this stuff is all the rage over there. Anyway, I got some from the health food shop yesterday and added it to my oats this morning. It gave it a nutty flavour which was nice but I need to use more of it still to get my fibre up. Trouble is it's a bit high in calories too.Milled Organic Flaxseed, Sunflower and Pumpkin SeedsNow, because I was cleaning and tidying today I discovered a crumpled wrapper on my food shelves and was about to bin it when I looked inside and there were two fantastic smelling, gleaming, chocolatey squares of dark chocolate. Suddenly they were in my mouth! Delicious, but I am glad they are gone. I wont be buying any chocolate for a while. Hubby is also pleased because he is partial too but is worried about his cholesterol.

Then, this afternoon, I found a Soreen Banana loaf in the bread bin that I bought for hubby when he was in recovery mode. We both forgot it was there. I was feeling quite peckish and decided to have a "little" bit. Oh, it's the most delicious thing and I normally hate banana flavoured things but this has actual banana in it so it's not chemical/plastic tasting. Unfortunately, I had 90g of it which really isn't much with a cup of tea but it came to 279 calories! I wish I worked that out before I ate it! Never mind. I'll run it off tomorrow.

Exercise
Station walk with runkeeper at 147 cals

Food
Breakfast
Porridge - made with 40g oats, 200g milk 1% fat and 10g Linwoods milled flaxseed, pumpkin seed and sunflower seed
Banana
Tea
Lunch
Sandwich made with 2 slices small wholemeal bread, reduced fat houmous and grated carrot
2 squares dark chocolate
Nectarine
Tea
Afternoon
Tea
Banana loaf
Dinner
Tuna salad & small baked potato

No comments:

Post a Comment