Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wk5 D2, Bouncy feet

I had the shock of my life today. I was looking at another get running runners blog - who is on the same week as me -  to find that week 5 of the programme is quite different from any other week up to now. Weeks 1-4 repeat the run/walk times three times a week whereas in week 5 day1 is 3 lots of 5 minute runs - no problem, then day 2 is  2 x 5 minutes and 2 x 8 minutes which may be a bit hard but on day 3 I have to do a
FULL 20 MINUTE RUN WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!! 

Now, I am aware this may sound no problem to some of you and I may be being a little dramatic, but I must remind you that 4 weeks ago I was clutching my chest, tomato faced, wheezing back to my house after a few 1 minute runs. The thought of running (ahem, slow jogging, ahem) solidly for 20 minutes actually fills me with horror. Luckily, it's due on Saturday when hubby can come out with me as I am in danger of giving up if I go on my own.

Anyway back to today's run. It was good, I ran the other way down the tow path today, the sun was shining, it was warm and no-one else was about. My first run started along with Lady Ga Ga 's eh eh at full blast through my headphones. I felt such a rush of energy I wanted to dance! I didn't though, not on the tow path, even if no-one was watching. I ran with bouncy feet and I LOVED it! In fact the whole 3 runs where good. It took me 2 3/4 miles along the river and at the end I turned round and quick march walked back with a little sprint for the last 5 minutes. I don't know where the energy came from but I sure as hell hope it returns on Saturday morning!



My river run taken on the iPhone. It looks a bit dark but I assure you it was a very bright day!








Exercise
Week 5 day 1 run on Get Running programme (poss burning 277 cals but I have a rubbish iphone 3)
Runkeeper tracked 3.75 miles burning 434 cals

Food
Breakfast
Porridge - 40 g 0ats 200ml 1% milk
Tea
Lunch
150g Heinz baked Beans
2 slices toast from small loaf
Apple
Tea
Afternoon
Tea
1 biscuit
Dinner
Pasta
Sausage, onion, basil & tomato soup to make a quick pasta sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment