Tuesday 24 May 2011

Wk 5 D1, Monday

This is my rest day from getrunning. I start a new week tomorrow doing 3 lots of 5 minute runs. I'm not too concerned about that because I feel I can do it. I never would have thought I would say that! It's amazing how far I have come with my running and fitness in just a few short weeks. Using the get running app is really working for me because it gets you to take it slowly and pace yourself. When I attempted running with hubby in the years gone by I always ran to far or too fast, or both, until near collapse and that put me off the whole thing for another year! It also helps that I have a tow path to run along. Meaning I don't have to keep stopping at roads and traffic lights etc. I can just get the music on and go.

Anyway, today I did my station walk and then had a busy day with clients so was on my feet for most of the day. I reduced my calorie allowance from 1622 calories a day to 1500. I know its not a lot of difference but when the wine bottle comes out at the weekend it will be! I kept under it today by about 140 cals. I had my breakfast earlier than usual and that got me hungry for lunch and dinner earlier too. I know breakfast is the most important meal and I almost always have it, but sometimes it might be at 10am or even 11am  - mainly because I'm not hungry at 8am. I have observed that when I eat breakfast later I don't eat as much throughout the day. If anyone has any comments about breakfast please post them below :-)

Exercise
station walk burning 144 cals

Food
Breakfast
Porridge 40g oats 200ml 1% milk
Tea
Lunch
Houmous- low fat
Carrot
2 slices bread with flora
Tea
Afternoon
Banana
Tea
Dinner
Salad
Griddled Turkey breast
Couscous

No comments:

Post a Comment