Monday 23 May 2011

Week 4- Results and Reflection

Well, this week was good on the running and walking front. The food front was OK too. I only say OK because although mynetdiary calories were under on average, throughout the week I had 2 dinners and 3 lunches out. I am very pedantic about my food diary but it is difficult when you eat out because you have to guess the weight and the ingredients used in the meal. I do try to stick to basic meals like jacket potato and baked beans or grilled chicken and fries but its not that easy in Vietnamese or Japanese restaurants or when you have cake!. So I have to guess the best I can. The wine front fell by the way side when I met up with my sister mid-week and on Friday with my nephew and girlfriend. I also had wine on Tuesday lunchtime with a friend after the all clear from the docs, Saturday evening - because its Saturday and some cider on Sunday - because I fancied it. This week however, I have no such social commitments, apart from lunch on Thursday but I will drive to that one and I have visitors over the weekend.

Now, I stepped on my scales on Thursday morning and was very excited to see I had lost another 2lbs. Unfortunately, that doesn't count because it wasn't on the right day, which is today.

Today I have PUT ON 4oz!!!! :-((

After all the exercise I have done this week too!! I must say I was a little dismayed but, and there is a big but, the thing about my Withings scales is that they measure your fat and lean mass.

My fat mass has gone down by 5oz!! :-)))


Which means I am losing fat and putting on muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat - hence the 4oz gain and it uses more energy than fat just to stay as muscle. Muscle uses fat to burn energy. So the more muscle I create the better fat furnace my body becomes -hence the 5oz fat loss. See?

I still need to address my diet though, so this week I am going to change mynetdiary settings to losing 2lbs a week and that will reduce my calorie allowance. So we will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment