Saturday 21 May 2011

Wk4 D5, Vietnam for dinner, Italy for dessert

I was due today to do my Getrunning week 4 day 3 run but was so busy at work then straight into London for dinner and drinks again that I will have to postpone the run until tomorrow. Still, I did the station run this morning. For those of you who are new, my husband takes the car to the station, which is about 1.3 miles away, each morning to get the train to work. I then do a fast walk or run/walk to get the car before 8am when the ticket machines wurr into action. It’s good because I used to get up at 6am and take him to the station myself but that made me a little grumpy and gave me bags under my eyes. Now I’m easier to live with and have reduced eye bags, although at 42 ½ they will never truly go away without surgery! Anyway, I digress. So the run was out and the station walk was done.

This evening, we went for a Vietnamese meal in London with our nephew and girlfriend at a place called Pho cafe. I’ve never eaten Vietnamese food but they have been to Vietnam before so roughly new what they were looking for on the menu. I had Goi cuon ga for my starter which is a fantastic chicken summer roll. Having had a noodle soup at Wagamamas before and really disliked it I though I would go for the bun noodles. I chose Bun Cha Gio Ga, which is with lemon grass chicken and was absolutely delicious and very healthy. I will definitely go there again. Having had a very healthy dinner we then decided to go to Carluccios for dessert! I had a glass of Prosecco and a delicious gooseberry tart! Well, I have been good all week!


Exercise
Station walk tracked by Runkeeper of 1.32 miles burning 148 calories

Food
Breakfast
2x slices toast with a thin spread of flora light
Banana
Tea
Lunch
Houmous – reduced fat
Carrot
Breadsticks
Alpro soya chocolate dessert
Tea
Dinner
Vietnamese meal
Gooseberry tart
Wine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment