Tuesday 17 May 2011

Wk 4 D1,- just getting into this running lark!

I did my new get running run today which was 2 x 3 minutes then 2 x 5 minutes. I wasn't worried about the 3 minute runs having run 6 lots of them last week, but to run for 5 minutes was a bit daunting. The first 3 minutes went by without too much thought then the 5 minute run started which was OK but I found myself waiting for the voice to tell me I was half way through, which seemed to take ages. I managed it though. The second 5 minute run was hard and I had to slow to a very slow jog. There was a part about half way through where I thought I should stop and try again on Wednesday, my legs were fine to carry on but my lungs were fit to burst! But then I knew I would be dissapointed in myself so out of shear determination I battled on and did it!!! I was really really pleased with myself. I also didn't turn back for home at the half way point because I wanted to see how far the run would take me. I walked back using runkeeper to measure the distance. I also got more calories burned!
My sister lent me a runners world book which has loads of info about running and nutrition. They say that the 9th run is usually the turning point for energy and fitness and I can assure you I think thats true. I feel really ready for my runs now. I almost look forward to doing them! The weather helps of course. It's dry and sunny most days at the moment. I don't know how I will feel when it's raining.

Exercise
Fast walk with runkeeper for 3.51 miles burning 411 calories!
Get running week 4 day 1 - 16 mins running and 15 mins fast walk.

Food
Breakfast
Porridge (oatmeal) 40g oats & 200ml skimmed milk
Tea
Lunch
3 eggs scrambled
Bananaa
Tea
Afternoon
Couple of pretzels from the Italian Deli
Tea
Dinner
Homemade chilli

No comments:

Post a Comment