Tuesday 10 May 2011

Wk 3 D 1 - I'm all apps and gadgets these days.

I did my walk to the station this morning as usual but am finding it harder to get out of bed, because I am naturally extremely lazy and I dooo love my bed! But I had to get the car. I had no clients today so used it as my day off and got all the housework done. I'm sure that used a few calories. Hubby asked me to go for a walk with him this evening too. The weather is lovely at the moment. He usually goes for a run after work but at a little over a week after his cytoscopy he preferred to walk. So I went for a walk with him not realising he meant the route he normally runs, which is almost 4 miles! Thankfully I tracked it with my runkeeper. I got a little star for doing the farthest distance so far, awwww. :-)

I downloaded mynetdiary a few days ago to see what it was all about. It is an American site so many of the foods in their site are American brands. It would be better if they had a UK arm to the site but you can put in your own foods and recipes too. Although a bit time consuming it's worth it in the end. I reckon most people roughly eat the same stuff week in, week out so once you have added your own foods for a week it should be easier. Once you have entered your hieght, weight and target it works out how many calories you need each day. As you eat enter it into the diary and it works out the rest for you. I find it very user friendly but I am a list person. I like to enter my foods precisely and write down everything. Having done that on and off from one diet to another for most of my adult life, it's second nature to me really.

So thats one new thing this week, to start counting my calories. Another new thing was the delivery of my Withings body scale. I ordered it over a week ago so was very excited to see it arrive on my doorstep. Its a WiFi weighing scales which shows graphs of your weight, BMI, fat ratio and lean mass on your computer screen. Once I got it connected and up and running I must have stepped on it 10 times! All in different rooms to test the connection. before the loo, after the loo, before a cup of tea after a cup of tea. Its a great peice of kit! It tells me my fat ratio is 40% which is "weigh" too much (see what I did there?). It tells me I need to lose about 15% of that so its another thing to aim for. With the exercise I'm doing I hope to see that change over the coming months.

So I know use, runkeeper, getrunning, mynetdiary and my withings scales. I am also thinking about a heart monitor, but not yet... Still cheaper than a years subscription at the gym and weekly weigh-ins at slimming club. All entries on Facebook, Twitter and this blog keep me motivated too so I'm not done yet!

Exercise
RunKeeper  walks totalling 4.48 miles burning 553 calories

Food
Breakfast
Porridge
Tea x2

Lunch
Feta cheese salad
Banana
Tea x2

Dinner
Turkey breast
Couscous
Peas
Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment