Sunday 8 May 2011

Wk 2, D 6 –Would you mind moving a bit, I can’t see the lady with the nipple tassels.


We went to a Burlesque dinner and show in Central London last night. I bought vouchers for it through Groupon.  I didn’t really know what Proud Cabaret was. I’d never heard of it but the deal was good at £20 ($33) for a 3 course meal and a show in Central London on a Friday night. After I bought the vouchers I then looked it up. We are, to all intents and purposes, burlesque virgins, not normally something I would be that interested in, but we like new things so we gave it a go. Well! It was really, really good! The tables were waited on by knickers and corset clad young ladies and a few effeminate young men. The room was dimly lit, swathed in red velvet and chandeliers. Looking around the room there more women than men about 70/30. Some dressed in 30’s/40’s outfits but mainly just dressed up. The food was lovely although it took a while for our eyes to adjust to the light so we could see what we were eating (for the menu look at the last post). Then the show started with ladies with lots of feathers and nipple tassels, one act was very good at the hoopla spinning 6 at once on different parts of her body. Many of the acts stripped down to thin knickers and nipple tassels. The whole thing was tastefully done. The crowd were well behaved, mainly because I would say the average age was 40 something and well, we are British! Oh yes, apart from the couple at the next table, right in my eye line of the stage, who were literally all over each other from the get go. I constantly had to adjust my seat (that probably used up a few calories) so I could get a better view of the stage. The only respite was the 3 times they both left the table for about 10 minutes each time. I am assuming for the loo (bathroom) or a fag (cigarette) outside. Anyway apart from them, I highly recommend it.

So today was spent walking to the station to get the car and walking to the Italian Deli and back. We had lunch out at Giraffe I only ate half my flat bread pizza, mainly because it was too big, but well done me for paying attention to when I have had enough and putting down my knife and fork! Dinner was at home in front of the telly.

I signed up to  MyNetDiary today as well. I am still trying to find my way around it but will start with it in earnest on Monday. I am still waiting for my Withings body scale to arrive too – very excited about that one.

Exercise
2.37 miles walk to around 50 minutes tracked with  RunKeeper

Food
Breakfast
Tea
Tea

Lunch
½ Giraffe Mother Earth Flat Bread Pizza
Giddy Giraffe smoothie
Cappuccino

Afternoon
2 1/2 pretzels from the Deli. Good job the third hand in the bag brought out 1/2 a one. I thought that should be my sign to stop there!

Dinner
Meatballs
Pasta
Strawberries
2 squares of dark chocolate
2 glasses Prosecco
2 glasses white wine

No comments:

Post a Comment