Saturday 7 May 2011

Wk 2, D 5 – Howdy there Folks!

Welcome America! Nice to see my day to day life is of some interest across the pond. Leave a comment or two if you would like me to translate the food diary – I speak American too. Actually I must say I LOVE AMERICA! If I could live there I would. I did Camp America in Connecticut when I was 18, have been to New York many, many times, Florida, Baltimore, New Orleans, Boston, Cape Cod, Schenectady and recently spent Christmas in Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, San Diego, Palm Springs and Las Vegas! Phew I loved it. I just want to know one thing though. How on earth can you afford all that tipping?? Do you guys really tip as much as the tourist books tell you to?
Tipping never happens in a bar in the UK and most restaurants include a tip in the bill. As a hairdresser the best tippers are always Americans, I would say about half UK clients tip. We found ourselves tipping everyone on our travels, even the guy who just opened the door of the cab for us!!
Before I got my flag widgety thing my blogger stats show people from Australia, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Jordan and India so welcome to you guys too.

So this morning I completed week 2 of Get Running. Six 1 ½ minute runs with 2 minutes walk between. I took hubby to the station this morning so I did my run by the river which was lovely. The sun was out it was warm and not to many people about. I started off fine but the last two runs were hard. I started to get a little sick feeling in my stomach. I just had a glass of water before I went out so don’t know if I should have eaten a banana or something or not had anything at all. Anyway next week runs are two lots of 3 minutes each which, to be honest is scaring me. I might have to get hubby to come with me in case I collapse and fall in the river!

We are going out tonight and the food is a 3 course fixed menu so I didn’t eat much during the day as I knew wine would be on the agenda also.


Exercise
Day 3 week 2 of getrunning

Food
Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast (from a small loaf) thinly spread with butter
Banana
Tea

Lunch
Tea
Half a pot of coronation rice from Waitrose
2 biscuits

Dinner
Tomato and garlic soup
Bread
Butternut squash and goat cheese tart
Eton mess
Bottle of Prosecco

No comments:

Post a Comment