Friday 6 May 2011

Wk 2, D 4 – Diets, I’ve tried a few….

Finding it a struggle to get out of bed in the mornings now that I have to get up by 7.15am at the latest! I love sleeping and if left to my own devices would sleep until 8.30 most mornings. Anyway its Runkeeper day today so on went the jogging gear and off I went up the road. This walk is also getting a bit boring so I am going to have to use another route to the station or put some music on. There are other ways to get to the station. I could go past all the shops – safe enough coz they are closed at that time! Or past the £2-3 million houses in a private road – safe enough coz I won’t get run over!

I also have to seriously take my eating into consideration. I may be doing more exercise than I’ve done in a very long time and can feel my legs getting stronger but I only lost 1lb last week and I really would have liked it to have been 2 or even 3lbs. We are out for dinner tomorrow night and it’s a set 3 course meal. Now I know some people might say you don’t have to have all three courses or even eat all of it but then what’s the point? I’m sure skinny people have a blow out meal once in a while. That’s the trouble with dieting really. You don’t want to ban foods coz all you do is think about them all day and don’t want to sit there with a lettuce leaf while your slimmer friends are all tucking into their death by chocolate cake!

I’ve been to Weight Watchers (many times) and Slimming World (a couple of times), I’ve calorie counted, fat counted, done the cabbage diet with somewhat violent and unsociable side effects, blood group, low carb, vegetarian the list goes on really. The only one that worked the longest was pure determination back in my late 20’s. I had a man in my sights – he was a fireman, handsome and very fit and barely noticed me so I went to the gym everyday and counted every calorie for several months until I could easily slip on size 10 – 12 clothes. He still wasn’t interested – he preferred blondes. But I felt great and I need to remind myself of that. I am happily married and have been for 9 years so obviously setting my sites on another man is a no no. I need to find my motivation. Writing this blog is good. Blogger gives you stats for page views and the numbers are going up – that keeps me motivated. Comments would be good too. I had some great comments from friends on facebook. I also need to remember that it’s a slow process, watch this space – those size 12 jeans are going to fit before the year is out.

Exercise
1.36 mile walk tracked by  RunKeeper

Food
Breakfast
Porridge – 40g oats, 200ml 1% milk
Tea

Lunch
Baked beans
2 slice toast no butter
Tea
Pear

Afternoon
Carrot
Hummus
Apple
Tea
Bits of dried fruit and nuts – I was making homemade muesli for hubby and picked at it, who wouldn’t?

Dinner
Chicken breast
Slice of bread
2 glasses wine

No comments:

Post a Comment