Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wk 2, D 3 – I can run for 1 ½ minutes without collapsing in a heap!

This mornings run was hard going. I didn’t want to get out of bed. This was the first time I used the Get Running app for the station run and wasn’t sure how it was going to pan out. The run is definitely further than the station, but I did it anyway. I had to pause the run at the traffic lights and by the time I reached the car I still had 3 minutes of running and 6 ½ minutes of walking to go. I did the 5th 1 ½ min run round the car park – dodging idiots in suits driving erratically into spaces and ignoring anyone else. It was also nearly 8am so I had to get the car out of the car park. Once I got home I finished the run down my road. I was actually sweating when I got home, this is a good sign, summer is almost here! My next Get Running run is on Friday so I am not sure what I will do for that yet. If I feel spritely I’ll get up a bit earlier and just have to take a longer route to the station. It does feel good to get it done before the day starts though. I need to work how to use two apps at once because, unfortunately Get Running doesn’t track how far, or fast I ran or how many calories I used like RunKeeper does.

Exercise
Week 2 day 2 of Get Running

Food
Breakfast
Porridge – 40g oats, 200ml 1% milk
Tea

Lunch
Chicken Sandwich
Banana
Apple
Tea

Afternoon
Hummus
Carrot
Slice of bread and butter

Dinner
Chicken
Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment