Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wk 2, D 2 - Back to the station run

This morning things were back to normal. The alarm clock broke the silence at 6am. While hubby got ready for work I rolled over and went back to sleep until 7.15am.Time for me to get up, put on my running shoes and get the car from the train station where hubby had left it some 45 minutes before. The train station is about 1.3 miles from my house. We started this ritual about 6 weeks ago. I used to get up at 6am and take him but I was suffering from grumpy tiredness, so as the weather brightened in the mornings we decided this would be a good thing to do. I have to get the car before 8am as that is when the ticket machines wake up. Before I got my RunKeeper and Get Running apps I just timed myself and managed to do fast walking to walk/run/walk and got the time down from 25 minutes to just over 18minutes, but my shins really hurt. So, I got myself new trainers which are MUCH better. Now I use RunKeeper I can track the time, pace and map out the route. I find this very motivating. Getting up this morning after 10 days of lie-ins wasn’t too bad either.
Today was my food shopping day so I went with my afternoon snacks in mind, having spent last week eating mainly cake and biscuits each afternoon. So I came back with fruit, hummus and carrots. Incidentally while I was looking through the cupboards and fridge to see what we needed I came across some chocolate, a single square of which found it’s way into my mouth and a packet of prunes that hubby opened the day before, two of which popped into my mouth! I wonder if that happens to anyone else. Dinner was far too big tonight I probably had two portions because I made too much and it was yum. We bought giant pasta shells from the Italian Deli up the road so I wanted to make pasta. I thought I would look at meatballs but discovered they are very high in fat. My supermarket does very nice Venison and Pork sausages and although they were a bit more expensive they were less than half the fat and sat fat of the meatballs. So I used them instead and a pasta sauce. The packaging is all in the bin now and I am tempted to work out the calories, but that was yesterday and I think I might start calorie counting next week.

Exercise
1.25 mile fast walk with  RunKeeper  (apparently used 145 calories)

Food
Breakfast
Porridge – 40g oats & 200ml 1% milk
Tea x 2
2 dried prunes and one square dark chocolate

Lunch
2 eggs scrambled on 1 slice toast, no butter
Apple and a banana

Afternoon
Carrot
Low fat Hummus
Bread
apple

Dinner
Sausage pasta
tea

No comments:

Post a Comment