Tuesday 20 March 2012

PT session

I joined the local gym and had my first ever PT session yesterday. It was nowhere near as scary as I thought it was going to be. My only “experience’ of PT’s to date are those on Biggest Loser and A Year to Save my Life. Chris Powell can come and live with me for 3 months anytime :-)
It was only for 1/2 hour and was really an ‘introductory’ 1/2 price session for him to get to know how fit I was and what I wanted to achieve. 

We did some free weights, planks, lunges, squats, things with my arms (hey, give me a break, it’s a new language!) - all good. I did a side plank for 30 secs each side  - twice! A new exercise for me!  I enjoyed having new things to do. I also enjoyed input from another person. A fresh perspective if you like. Although I felt my thighs burn on the lunges I thought it was all pretty tame. That was until this morning. Oh my!

My thighs restricted my short run this morning and my glutes certainly worked yesterday! Even my torso feels tight. It hasn’t felt like that in years!! Its amazing how post exercise tight muscles make you feel.

I‘ve booked my next 5 sessions already :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment