Thursday 22 December 2011

Week 35 - Christmas is nearly upon us.

This is going to be an erratic week of exercise. Work is busy.
I should have run yesterday (Monday) but it was freezing out and raining hard, for hours, until it got dark. So I didn't. Instead I investigated the two gyms near me but still haven't joined either one.
This morning I ran to the station in record time of 14.58 minutes. Thats a 6.59 km pace over 2.14km. If I can do that on my next 5k I will smash last Saturdays record time by almost a minute.

There are mince pies everywhere. All I am thinking about at the moment is food for the Christmas holidays. I am also trying to organise the house for various visitors. I think my next run will have to be on Friday, then Christmas day. After that I do have the time to run more so I can run off the Christmas excess and continue into the new year with gusto.

I will endeavour to not stuff my face until bursting point but equally I am not going to police my eating too much so I am miserable. Now I have the running bug I know I can easily work off a few extra lbs gained. I definitely think that in the battle of the bulge exercise is the most important factor. if you can get into a routine of exercise that you enjoy then eating more healthily will just follow naturally.

Footnote. I ran the station run this morning (Thursday) and plan on a long run later today as a client has cancelled. More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment