Monday 19 December 2011

Week 34 - ending in a park run PB!!!

Saturday morning. The park was beautiful. Burnt orange rays of sunlight spreading out like fingers across the frosty grass. It was cold and crisp. I fully expected this park run, my first since July and 4th all together, to be back in the 40 minute mark.
I set my runkeeper to tell me my pace as each kilometre passed. The 1st kilometre passed in 7 minutes 09 seconds. This was good timing. My runkeeper failed on me 18 meters later so I ran the rest of the run "blind".  2/3rds of the way round a boy with a 10 parkrun t-shirt on was walking. As I passed him I said "don't let me beat you!" He smiled as I passed and then ran ahead of me. He was a skinny kid and I think was suffering a bit from the cold. He started walking again so I overtook him. Hubby was waiting at the finish line with the camera I picked up my pace a bit and the 10 t-shirt kid zoomed passed me! I was no way going to catch him up. I felt good as I finished though. Hubby said I definitely did my run in 35 minutes.
We got home, showered, went out for some brunch, came back and looked at the results. I did my run in 35.37!!!! I couldn't believe it! Thats almost 2 1/2 minutes faster than my last parkrun! Woo bloody Hooo!!! Next week park run is on christmas eve and christmas day so we have chosen to do it on christmas day! It will be good to get up and out first thing and make me feel slightly less guilty about what I will eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment