Wednesday 14 December 2011

Week 34 - building muscles

Well I ran run 1 week 2 of the bridge to 10k programme on Monday - in-between clients. I didn't cover 10k because I had to get back for the afternoon shift. But I still managed to cover a distance of 5.4 miles/ 8.71 km. The run consisted of 3 x 15 minute runs with a minute walk between. The final run was really hard. When I first started this running lark I felt the runs in my calves and just above the knee. Now I am running further I really feel it in my upper thighs. This feels good because I can imagine my muscles are created in my lower legs from the 5k runs and now I am on the 10k runs its time to build the muscle in the upper leg. I wonder if it will continue through my body to my head?
I didn't run at all on Tuesday or Wednesday due to work. My eating has been a bit bad this week too. All due to the mince pies and poorly timed meals I'm afraid. Unfortunately I can see this carrying on throughout the next 2 weeks. I may have to have a major dietary overhaul in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment