Monday 14 November 2011

Week 30 - Soup and water week

The weight loss hasn't been going great over the last month or so. As my running is picking back up however, I am trying to concentrate again on the calorie consumption too.
I hit my best weight loss of 28.5lbs back at the beginning of September only to put on 6.5lbs by the beginning of November. I think, where my back problem is concerned, I was at the peak of my fitness levels so far at the end of July, so when my back went my body was still burning calories at a high rate even though I wasn't running. This continued throughout August. Then, during September and October, not only did my metabolism slow down but I started to eat more too and in particular, these last couple of weeks, started having one too many glasses of wine during the week. Back in the spring and summer I was only drinking at weekends. Basically I started to revert back to my old ways. But

I cannot let this happen, it is not an option!

Having said all that, I did however, lose 1lb last week, so I am very pleased with that. This morning I ran my station run in 17.11 minutes which I am also very pleased with. My pb for that run is 16.35 so I aim to hit that before Christmas.
This week to kick start my weightloss again, I aim to up the running by doing the station run 5 times this week and running all of it (or as much as I can) every time, plus I will complete the c25k week 5 runs by Sunday. 
On the eating front I will have porridge or cereal each morning then soup for lunch and dinner for all meals at home. My other thing I want to do is quit the wine until Friday or Saturday evening and drink much more water, although I am out on Wednesday so I may have a glass of wine then. You see? This is my problem! My social life does have a tendency to muck things up! 
So watch this space this week and see how I get on. If you need to lose a few lbs before Christmas give the soup option a go too. Im not talking about the flatulent, nasty cabbage soup diet but either make your own or do as I do, get delicious soups from the supermarket and have ryvitas with them. I like covent garden soups which I have 1/2 a carton (which is a serving size) for each meal plus 2 ryvitas and then an apple or a pear. I will diarise my food this week I promise. I know I haven't been good at that lately but I feel, at last, I am getting back on track! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment