Wednesday 31 August 2011

Wk 18, Days 4,5,6 +7 Clowns, Bath, backache and lots of wine!

Sorry for the delay in posting but I have been busy and away for the bank holiday weekend. It was hubbies 50th birthday and he wanted to celebrate BIG style!
Last Thursday I walked to the station in the morning without pain so that was good.
Last Friday we drove to Bath in Somerset which took almost 4 hours! It should have been a little over 2 hours but the Reading festival was on, blocking half the M4, then there was an accident that slowed the traffic, then it absolutely bucketed with rain so I had to drive slowly down the motorway trying to de-mist the windows! Anyway we got there in the end and my back certainly felt the journey!
Saturday was spent walking around Bath all afternoon in clown outfits. Here is a picture to prove it. It was a tiring but brilliant day and my back didn't suffer at all. Not until we went to dinner in the evening. Then I had to keep standing up at the table for a few minutes as though I was going to make a speech!
Sunday was more walking, then sitting in the afternoon and evening which was very uncomfortable for my back even though I had a heat pad on it which didn't seem to make a great deal of difference.
Monday morning we left bath and hubby drove all the way home while I put the seat right back as far as it would go as lying down is much better for my back than sitting upright. Unfortunately that didn't make much difference either as my back felt pretty uncomfortable all the way home. Once at home after a little walk and a lay down flat on the sofa my back was fine again.
I don't have a food diary for the few days away but I didn't eat too much. The wine, however, went down a bit too well!

No comments:

Post a Comment