Monday 15 August 2011

Wk 16, D6 +7 - The weekend

I volunteered at the parkrun again on Saturday. I was involved in registration where I had to zap the barcodes and the tokens. About 650 people ran on Saturday so I guess I did quite a few zaps! It was much better than marshalling.
My back was feeling better again. Not perfect, still stiff with the odd twinge just to remind me not to do too much just yet.
We had the trial run for the Olympic cycling race go past our house on Sunday morning. We stood at the end of our drive and watched them go by. It was quite exciting but over in a flash!
My back was still better and hubby asked if I felt up for going for a walk. I thought what harm could it do? We started off along the towpath in the lovely sunshine with full intentions to walk to The Minnow pub for lunch in Weybridge which almost 4 km just under 2 1/2 miles. After about 1km or 1/2 mile I started to get twinges, a little further on I got a stabbing pain so we walked back into town and went for lunch locally. I knew I should have taken note of the twinges. Sitting for lunch was uncomfortable so when we got home I got the hot water bottle put it on my back and laid on the sofa for a few hours to rest. A rather irritating waste of a beautiful day!

Food -
Saturday
Breakfast
Tea
Lunch
Bacon Sandwich
Cappucino
Dinner
Piri Piri Chicken
Noodles and veg
Summer pudding
Wine
Sunday
Lunch
Pollo Verdure from Pizza Express
Small Legerra wine
tartufo al cioccolato
Coffee
Dinner
Lamb leg staek
Noodles
Stir fry veg

No comments:

Post a Comment