Thursday 29 December 2011

Week 36 - last week of 2011

Well, first of all I hope you all had a Happy Christmas or are at least enjoying the Holidays should this time of year have any relevance to you. Second, I did the parkrun on Christmas day and got another pb!!! 35 minutes 25 seconds! It was a real struggle for the first 2 kilometres (I set off too fast), then once I had settled into my stride it got a bit easier but was still a struggle as my mind wasn't into it. I guess some days are just like that. There were loads of santa's and various costumed runners, including 2 little girls dressed as presents! It was very festive and actually a great way to start Christmas day. I opened up my stride for the last 1/2 km so I think that's where I knocked off 12 seconds from last weeks run.

I ran week 3 day 2 of the Bridge to 10k  programme yesterday with hubby. That was a real struggle too, but I did finish it all. My runkeeper gave up on me (again) after the 1st km so I turned it off and hubby used his Garmin instead. Both times recently that runkeeper hasn't worked properly is after I have turned my phone off then on again. It clearly upset the whole app so I won't do that again.

I won't even begin to tell you about my diet this week. I haven't been careful at all. This behaviour will definitley continue through to New Years Day as there are still plenty of chocolates, mince pies and wine in the house. Because of this I won't officially weigh in until January 6th so I have a week to sort it out (or not)

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. We have 3 more parties yet and much more food is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete