Thursday 16 June 2011

Wk 8, D 3, Cholesterol test at the supermarket! Whatever next.....

I didn't do the station run this morning as I had an early client. I also didn't have a run to do today either so no exercise as such today.

Whilst in Sainsbury's, I heard over the tannoy that the pharmacy was offering free cholesterol testing, so I went over there and made an appointment. The last cholesterol test I had done was probably about 5 or 6 years ago and back then it was 3 point something. Hubby's chol is 5.7 and he's worried about his so we are on Benecol and Flora proactive. With my cholesterol test they also did my resting heart rate, blood pressure and glucose. I was very pleased about this as my Grandmother had diabetes and I do get shaky if I haven't eaten for about 4 hours. But it was all good. I was particularly pleased about my heart rate which has definitely dropped since I have taken up regular exercise.

Cholesterol = 4.43 - should be below 5
Glucose (non fasting) = 4.6 - should be below 8 after a meal
Blood pressure = 117/82  - this is within the healthy range
Heart rate = 68 bpm - this is considered healthy

They usually charge £8 for the service but were doing a Flora proactive promotion, I had no idea I could even get it done there! For just £8 I will definitely make it a 6 monthly or yearly test.

Some useful websites
http://www.diabetes.org.uk/
http://www.bpassoc.org.uk


Exercise
None
Breakfast
Bran flakes
Milk
Banana
Tea
Lunch
Ham salad roll
Apple
Tea
Afternoon
Almonds
Prunes
Biscuits
Tea
Dinner
Beef stir fry
Yoghurt and berries
Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment